Thứ Năm, 11 tháng 8, 2016

Australian spin bowler Stephen O’Keefe fined over conduct

Stephen O'Keefe and Australia have been aided by Muttiah Muralitharan
Stephen O'Keefe and Australia have been aided by Muttiah Muralitharan
Australian spinner Stephen O’Keefe has been fined £5,850 after an incident at a hotel in Manly on Saturday night.
O'Keefe was charged by Cricket Australia for "conduct unbecoming of a player" and will now undergo counselling and education as part of his sanction.
The 31-year-old said: "I know I failed to uphold the high standards expected of a NSW and Australian cricketer and apologise to all concerned.
"I take full responsibility for my actions and accept the sanction handed to me by Cricket Australia."
It follows a testing couple of weeks for O'Keefe who had to return home after the first Test defeat against Sri Lanka in Pallekele with a pulled hamstring, paving the way for Jon Holland to make his debut in Galle.
Despite the world's top-ranked side hiring the legendary Sri Lankan spinner Muttiah Muralitharan as a consultant for the tour,  Australia's spinners have struggled to adapt, losing the first two Tests of the three-match series.
Nathan Lyon, who bagged just nine wickets in those four innings and was criticised by coach Darren Lehmann and skipper Steve Smith, admitted he and debutant Holland had been below par.

Sri Lanka demolition

Perera steers Sri Lanka to stunning triumph
Speaking ahead of the final Test which starts on Saturday in Colombo, Lyon said: "They've totally outplayed us. There's a lot of room for improvement, especially from myself I dare say. 
"It's now up to us to say no excuses, full stop, and go out there and get better and put in a good performance come the third Test. We need to keep hitting the stumps.
"I don't think 'Dutch' (Holland) and myself probably did that to the best of our ability. I think your mindset needs to change over here. It's a hard place to play cricket. But I am learning to bowl better in the sub-continent.
"If we can keep improving, keep learning from our mistakes in the first two Test matches then we're going the right way."
Resource: skysports.com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét